Trek Tour of Dhaulagiri
Difficulty Level : 1
Group Size :
Maximum Altitude :
A trip to the antipodes of the Tour des Annapurnas seclusion guaranteed
The Dhaulagiri Trek Tour is a return to the origin of the treks of Nepal. Without lodges, with very few tourists, you must have everything with you. We form a team with our guide, porters and cooks. We are in total autonomy.
In fact, isolation is very real. The trek begins in areas of terraced cultivation in an atmosphere of heat.
Then the scenery changes, from the camp in the forest to 3100 m and then to the base camp of the Italians, the Japanese camp, the base camp of Dhaulagiri and camp Tukuche we are in a world of mountains.
The mineral atmosphere at the Dhaulagiri base camp. A stone recalls the disappearance of Chantal Mauduit and her Sherpa Ang Tshering.
The climb to the French Pass is not difficult, you have to walk slowly to avoid the mountain sickness.
Finally, the arrival to the French Pass offers an exceptional view of the Dhaulagiri which rises to 8170 m.
Then, it’s the Hidden Valley, a colorful secret valley that stretches out of sight to the edge of Dolpo but better deserves the name of Windy Valley because the wind is strong.
Those who wish to climb the Thapa Peak during this trek see Tour Dhaulagiri -Thapa Peak
Highlights of the treks on the Tour du Manaslu
- Variety of rice fields, forests, gorges, mountains, passes, mineral valley of the Hidden, etc.
- A trek in autonomy with porters, cooks, guide, tents, food to carry, etc.
- We form a close team with our Nepalese staff because we are autonomous
- The elevations that favor a good acclimatization to the altitude
- The passage of the French Pass and the view of the Dhaulagiri
- The Hidden Valley Valley that separates Dhaulagiri from Dolpo
- Marpha capital of the apple introduced by the Japanese and its Apple Pie
|DHAULAGIRI TOWER||DURATION||ALTI NIGHT||DENVI +||DENIV-||ELECTRICITY||PHONE||LODGE||SHOP||SHOWER|
|1||arrival Kathmandu Nepal|
|3||Blessed by bus then Tatopani||3h + 1h||980||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|10||Acclimatization of the Italian camp|
|14||Yak Kharka by Thapa Pass at 5250 m||6h||3800||400||1300||no||no||no||no||no|
|16||Kathmandu plane||30 + 30 mn|
|17||free day Kathmandu|