Tashi Lapsa Khumbu At The Rolwaling
Duration : 20 days
Difficulty Level : 5
Group Size : 2 to 12 people
Maximum Altitude : 5750 m
The Tashi Lapsa Khumbu at the Rolwaling through the Jiri loop connects the Khumbu to the Rolwaling. The crossing of the Tashi Lapsa Pass is from the high mountains. This is not a trek like other Khumbu treks: the Chola Pass or the Renjo Pass. It’s a more technical trek, more difficult. The stages of departure are quite long. Tashi Lapsa connects the Khumbu Valley with the Rolwaling Valley. Less traveled than the other passes of Khumbu.
We offer you a departure from Jiri. During the first 5 days of Jiri on the path between Lukla and Namche, it is pretty easy. Few people, rhododendrons in the spring, all in a setting that looks at times like the southern Alps.
Then we go up the Khumbu valley to Thame. After that, it’s crossing the Tashi Lapsa. From Thame to Nar, it is a very high mountain atmosphere. Landscapes totally different from those previously crossed with peaks of more than 6000 m snow-covered nearby. We move on glaciers and the camp of Phu cave at 5650 m which offers us at sunset an exceptional view. After crossing the Tashi Lapsa we are in the Rolwaling another Sherpa valley that will allow us to reach a village near our starting point Jiri. Still a little-used area.
Highlights of the Tashi Lapsa trek from Khumbu to Rolwaling
- Variety of landscapes from Jiri Solu Khumbu to the high mountains at Tashi Lapsa and the remote area of Rolwaling.
- A loop course on two valleys that Solo Khumbu and the Rolwaling.
- Course much less frequented than the Khumbu passes.
- The sunset at Phu Cave from the tent at 5600 m.
- The passage of Tashi Lapsa at 5750 m with the view of the Everest.
Trek the Tashi Lapsa
- Duration 20 days
- Level 5/5
- Alti max 5750 m
- Period April-May mid-September to early December
- Nights in lodges and tents
|DAYS||TASHI LAPSA FROM KHUMBU TO ROLWALING||ALTITUDE NIGHT||DURATION||DENIV +||DENIV –||NIGHT||ELECTRICITY||PHONE|
|2||Jiri by mini bus||1800||7h||hotel||230||Wireless|
|12||Camp 5000 m||5000||4h||700||0||tents||no|
|14||Tashi lapsa 5750 m – Camp Glacier||4800||8h||tents||no|
|15||N / A||4150||7h||tents||no|
|18||Private mini bus route to Kathmandu||7h|
|19||Day in Kathmandu|
- 3 nights in a hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 1 Sirdar and his help
- The team of porters
- Carrier equipment
- Food during the trek (3 meals a day)
- Entrance fee in Khumbu Park
- Park fee Gauri Shankar
- The lodges
- Tent and kitchen for passage of Tashi Lapsa
- Common equipment mountain, ropes, snow piles, etc.
- Hyperbaric housing
- Satellite phone
- Insurance for the Nepalese team
- Kathmandu – Jiri private minibus one way
- Jiri – Kathmandu by private minibus back
- Hotel-airport transportation back and forth
- End of trek meal taken together
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal Insurance, Repatriation Assistance
- Hot showers in the lodges (about 2 Euros)
- Airport taxes and visas
- Telephone, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, soda and hot water in the lodges
- Tips to the Nepalese team
- The return flight Paris-Kathmandu