Duration : 16 days
Difficulty Level : 2
Group Size : 4 to 8
Maximum Altitude : 4800 m
Langtang is one of the popular trekking in Nepal . Langtang region consists of beautiful view of natural flora and fauna . Langtang trek includes the ethnic culture of locals during trek. Langtang trek is also the one of the best trek to observe local people unique culture tradition. Langtang trek take place in lodges, the steps are not very long and you do not climb too high. Initially, we go up a wide valley irrigated by the glaciers of Langtang with many rice fields upstairs. You will cross many small villages typical of Langtang Tamang region. Then, bypassing the sacred lakes of Gosainkung offers a panoramic view of the Himalayan range. The Gosainkund Lakes is a place of pilgrimage for Hindus in the month of July. There are 7 lakes.
Established in 1976, Langtang Park is the first national park in the Himalayas. It is attached to the Gomolangma Nature Reserve of Tibet. In the spring it’s rhododendron season. You will cross many forests of oaks, bamboos. Many animals, monkeys, dzopios, deer, hawks, pandas although very rare to be able to observe them. Peaceful, quiet it is the Langtang far from the crowds of Annapurnas and Everest offers you a trek off the busy trails closer to nature and its inhabitants.
Highlights of treks in Langtang
- The peaceful side of this trek far from the crowds of Annapurna and Khumbu.
- Many small typical villages of Langtang Tamang region
- The Gosainkund Lakes, a place of pilgrimage, to see the sunset on the lakes
- Cheeses in the Langtang Valley Gruyere and Mozzarella introduced by the Italians
- The lodges comfortable
- The proximity of Kathmandu for quick access and return.
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
- Duration 16 days
- Level 2/5
- Alti max 4800 m
- Nights in lodges
- October – November
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer hotel|
|2||A free day in Kathmandu|
|3||Departure by private mini bus to Talactcok and start of trekking in the afternoon to Kakani.||7h|
|9||Ascent High Camp||2:30|
|10||Gosainkund (Lauribinyak Pass 4600)||4380 m||4h|
|12||Shin Gompa||3250 m||3h|
|14||Return Kathmandu||6h private bus|
|15||Free day Kathmandu|
- 4 nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- The team of porters
- Carrier equipment
- Food during the trek (3 meals a day)
- Entrance fee in Langtang Park
- Lodges overnight and meals.
- Insurance for the Nepalese team
- The private minibus between Kathmandu and Talatcok
- 4×4 between Syabrul Besi and Kathmandu
- Hotel-airport transportation back and forth
- End of trek meal taken together
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal Insurance, Repatriation Assistance
- Hot showers in the lodges (about 2 Euros)
- Airport taxes and visas
- Telephone, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, soda and hot water in the lodges
- Tips to Nepalese team
- The return flight Paris-Kathmandu