Duration : 35 days
Difficulty Level : 3
Group Size : 2 to 8
Maximum Altitude : 7129 m
Baruntse is located between the valleys of Makalu and Khumbu. Baruntse Expedition has a duration of 35 days and a maximum altitude of 7126m. Baruntse is located between the valleys of Makalu and Khumbu. The path of Lukla and the Pangum valley towards Mera Peak does not climb the coast at altitude. The base camp is next to Lake Baruntse at about 5400 m. The ascent passes by the west pass with the ascent towards the camp 2 towards 6500. Camp 2 at the top is at the beginning of large slopes inclined about 35 °. Then a succession of small fairly steep projections and a narrow ridge leading to the summit.
Baruntse Expedition Camps
Camp C1 at West Pass at 6100 m.
From the base camp on the lake at 5400 m the path to the foot of the corridor leading to the West Pass is very steep.
The departure of the corridor is done in the rocks right bank then it is a slope of snow between 35 ° and 40 ° on 250 m which leads to the camp 1 located just behind the pass with a splendid sight on the Makalu and the crossing of the 3 Passes between Khumbu and Makalu.
Camp 2 at 6500 m.
From camp 1 we avoid some big visible crevasses. The climb without being steep is supported until the plateau on which the C2 is installed.
The next climb to the summit which starts with a small slope at 30 ° and then a crossing. We reach another slope of about 200 m to reach the 7000 m. Then a succession of steep projections leads to the summit.
|STEP||DURATION||ALTI MAX||DENIV POSITIVE||DENIV NEGATIVE||ALTITUDE NIGHT||ELECTRICITY||PHONE||LODGE||SHOP||POSSIBILITY SHOWER||PRESENCE DZ|
|2||a free day in Kathmandu|
|3||plane to Lukla then Puyang||35mn then 5h||2800||2800|
|13||Mera Peak then Kongme Dingma||8H||5000|
|15||base camp Baruntse||4h||5435||350||5435||Yes|
|16||acclimatization CB Baruntse||5435|
|17||climb C1 night CB|
|19||C1 night rise C1|
|22||C1 night rise C1|
|23||climb C2 night C2|
|24||C1 night top|
|28||foot camp Amphulapsa||4h||5200||no||no||no||no|
|29||Chhukhung by Amphulapsa||9am||4800||4800||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|33||Lukla to Kathmandu flights||35mn|
|34||1 day in Kathmandu|
- 4 nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast
- International Airport Transport-Hotel AR
- 1 Sirdar who is one of the altitude Sherpas
- 1 cook and his helpers
- 1 altitude sherpa with equipment for 2 climbers
- Hyper bar box
- Solar energy panels
- A satellite phone
- Airplane Kathmandu-Lukla round trip
- Carrying loads to the CB with the Carriers
- Food during trekking 3 meals a day
- Food during the expedition including in the high altitude camps
- Gas in the high altitude camps
- Equipment in fixed ropes, snow piles, pins, etc.
- Mess tents, kitchen tent, toilet,
- The tents of the base camp (Red Fox) and altitude camps (North Face)
- Insurance for the Nepalese team (porters, Sherpas, cooks, liaison officer)
- “Deposit garbage”
- Hotel-airport transportation
- The royalties of the summit of Baruntse and Mera Peak
- Trek license
- The Liaison Officer and his equipment
- End of the trip meal taken together in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Telephone, alcoholic drinks, and soda
- Sherpas tips, cooks
- Personal insurance Repatriation assistance
- Your mountain gear (harness, crampons, sleeping bags, etc.) Race food
- Airport taxes and visas